School of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering
East China Normal University
Tong Zhu received his B.S. in Physics (2007) and M.S. in Atomic and Molecular Physics (2010) from Shandong Normal University and Ph.D. in Optics (2013) from East China Normal University. He was trained as a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Chemistry at East China Normal University. He worked as a visiting professor in the Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica. He is currently a Professor of the School of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering at East China Normal University.
Professor Zhu’s Current research interests include computer-aided drug design, and theoretical study of the reaction mechanism of complex chemical systems.
- Jinzhe Zeng, Liqun Cao, Tong Zhu*, Neural network potentials. Quantum Chemisry in the Age of Machine Learning. 2023, 279.
- Xiewei Xiong¶, Tong Zhu¶, Yun Zhu, Mengyao Cao, Jin Xiao, Li Li, Fei Wang, Chunhai Fan, Hao Pei*, Molecular convolutional neural networks with DNA regulatory circuits. Nature Machine Intelligence. 2022, 4, 625.
- Mingyuan Xu, Tong Zhu*, John ZH Zhang*, Automated Construction of Neural Network Potential Energy Surface: The Enhanced Self-Organizing Incremental Neural Network Deep Potential Method, Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, 2021, 61, 5425.
- Zhiwen Liu, Fanglong Zhao, Boyang Zhao, Jie Yang, Joseph Ferrara, Banumathi Sankaran, BV Venkataram Prasad, Biki Bapi Kundu, George N Phillips Jr, Yang Gao, Liya Hu, Tong Zhu*, Xue Gao*, Structural basis of the stereoselective formation of the spirooxindole ring in the biosynthesis of citrinadins, Nature communications, 2021, 12, 4158.
- Jinzhe Zeng, Liqun Cao, Mingyuan Xu, Tong Zhu*, John ZH Zhang*, Complex reaction processes in combustion unraveled by neural network-based molecular dynamics simulation, Nature communications, 2020, 11, 5713.