Associate Professor of Physics
New York University
- Ph.D. 1986 (physics), M.A. 1982 (physics), California (Berkeley);
- B.S. 1979 (physics), Illinois (Urbana).
Atomic and optical physics, optical manipulation of atoms, fundamental aspects of quantum mechanics
American Physical Society, American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Fellowships & Honors:
David and Lucile Packard Fellowship, 1993; Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship, 1990.
- T. Sleator, O. Carnal, T. Pfau, A. Faulstich, H. Takuma, J. Mlynek, "Atom Interferometry with Mechanical Structures," in Laser Spectroscopy X, edited by M. Ducloy, E. Giacobino, and G. Camy (World Scientific, Singapore, 1992) p. 264
- T. Sleator, T. Pfau, V. Balykin, O. Carnal, and J. Mlynek, "Experimental demonstration of the optical Stern-Gerlach effect," Phys. Rev. Lett 68, 1996 (1992).
- T. Sleator, T. Pfau, V. Balykin, and J. Mlynek, "Imaging and focusing of an atomic beam with a large period standing light wave," Appl. Phys. B 54, 375 (1992).
- B. Dubetsky, P.R. Berman, and T. Sleator, "Grating stimulated echo," Phys. Rev. A46, R2213 (1992).
- T. Sleator and M. Wilkens, "Quantum-nondemolition Measurement of Atomic Momentum", Phys. Rev. A48, 3286 (1993).
- T. Sleator and H. Weinfurter, "Realizable Universal Quantum Logic Gates", Phys. Rev. Lett. 74, 4087 (1995).