Associate Professor of Physics
East China Normal University
Chao Hang received his B.S. in 2002 and Ph.D. degree in 2007 from Department of Physics at East China Normal University. Then he spent three years as a postdoc fellow in Center of Theoretical and Computational Physics at University of Lisbon. In 2007, he joined East China Normal University as Lecture, where he became Associate Professor in the end of 2011.
Dr. Hang focuses his research in nonlinear and quantum optics and nonlinear waves in Bose-Einstein condensate.
- Chao Hang, Yaroslav V. Kartashov, Guoxiang Huang, and Vladimir V. Konotop, "Localization of Light in a PT-Symmetric Quasiperiodic Lattice", Opt. Lett. 40, 2758 (2015)
- Chao Hang, Gregory Gabadadze, and Guoxiang Huang, "Giant Kerr nonlinearity and superluminal and subluminal polaritonic solitons in a Bose-Einstein condensate via superradiant scattering", Phys. Rev. A(2015) (accepted for publication).
- Chao Hang and Guoxiang Huang, "Weak-light solitons and their active control in a parity-time-symmetric atomic system", Phys. Rev. A 91, 043833 (2015).
- Zhenya Yan, Zichao Wen, and Chao Hang, "Spatial solitons and stability in self-focusing and defocusing Kerr nonlinear media with generalized parity-time-symmetric Scarff-II potentials", Phys. Rev. E (2015) (accepted for publication).
- Zhiming Chen, Zhengyang Bai, Hui-jun Li, Chao Hang,and Guoxiang Huang, "Storage and retrieval of (3+1)-dimensional weak-light bullets and vortices in a coherent atomic gas", Sci. Rep. 5, 8211 (2015).
- Chao Hang, Dmitry A. Zezyulin, Guoxiang Huang, Vladimir V. Konotop, and Boris A. Malomed, "Tunable nonlinear double-core PT-symmetric waveguides", Opt. Lett. 39, 5387 (2014).
- Chao Hang, Zhengyang Bai, and Guoxiang Huang, "Storage and retrieval of Airy light wave packets in a coherent atomic system", Phys. Rev. A 90, 023822 (2014).
- Chao Hang and Guoxiang Huang, "Guiding ultraslow weak-light bullets with Airy beams in a coherent atomic system", Phys. Rev. A 89, 013821 (2014).
- Yuli V. Bludov, Chao Hang, Guoxiang Huang, and Vladimir V. Konotop, "PT -symmetric coupler with a coupling defect: soliton interaction with exceptional point", Opt. Lett. 39, 3382 (2014).
- Qiong Du, Chao Hang, and Guoxiang Huang, "Phase-controlled optical switching and slow- and weak-light solitons in a coherent molecular system with permanent dipole moments", J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 31, 594 (2014).