The Seventh Annual Volatility Institute Conference at NYU Shanghai
“Climate Risk-Modeling, Financial and Economic Impacts, and Response”
Volatility Institute at NYU Shanghai
Zoom Webinar Link:https://nyu.zoom.us/j/
In Chinese and English (with simultaneous interpretation)
Climate change is evident around the globe, as we have seen the planet’s temperature rises at the rate never seen before, and more and more extreme weather patterns have emerged. The climate risk, including the physical risks and the socioeconomic impacts brought by the climate change, has become one of the most important systemic risks over the next several decades. How to estimate and model the climate risk? What policies should governments around the globe take to mitigate the risk? How would individual companies adapt to the climate change and reduce their climate risk exposures? What adjustments should financial institutions make when constructing their investment portfolios? The conference will discuss climate risk related topics through keynote speeches, a panel discussion and paper presentations.
Please check below full conference video:
- Jianye Wang（Co-Director of Volatility Institute) & Jeffrey Lehman ( Vice Chancellor of NYU Shanghai)
- Andrew W. Lo (the Charles E. and Susan T. Harris Professor at the MIT Sloan School of Management ）--"Quantifying the Impact of Impact Investing"
- Johannes Stroebel（David S. Loeb Professor of Finance and the Boxer Faculty Fellow at the New York University Stern School of Business）--"A Quantity-Based Approach to Constructing Climate Risk Hedge Portfolios"
- Robert F Engle（2003 Nobel Laureate in Economics; Co-Director, the Volatility Institute at NYU Shanghai and Stern Volatility and Risk Institute; Professor Emeritus of Finance at NYU Stern School of Business）--“Climate Financial Risk:Global Implications"
PANEL ON "Implications of Carbon Neutrality"
- Jianye Wang（Co-Director of Volatility Institute)
- Yang Zhao (Managing Director of the China International Capital Corporation Global Institute)
- Jason Wang (General Manager of the Quantitative Investment Department of E-Fund)
- Moderator: Xin Zhou, Executive Director of Volatility Institute, NYU Shanghai
- Zhengwei Fan（Assistant President, GM of Intelligent Manufacturing Investment Department, E Fund）--"Prospect of Energy Storage Industry Under Background of Carbon Neutrality”
PAPER PRESENTATION SESSION
Part I Climate Risk and Asset Pricing
- Yexiao Xu (University of Texas-Dallas) – “Does Air-Pollution Matter in Asset Pricing?”
- Zhen Qi (University of Manitoba) – “Climate Risk and Bank Loan Contracting: International Evidence”
- Adelina Barbalau (University of Alberta) – “The Optimal Design of Green Securities”
- Weiming(Elaine) Zhang (The Chinese University of Hong Kong) – “Carbon Emissions, Institutional Trading, and the Liquidity of Corporate Bonds”
Part II Climate Risk and Policies
- Ruozi Song (University of Southern California) – “Coal Phase-out in a Second-Best Setting: Evidence from China’s Winter Heating Ban”
- Dragon Yongjun Tang (The University of Hong Kong) – “Environmental Tournament: Evidence from Chinese Green Finance Pilot Zones”
- Jean-Paul Renne (University of Lausanne) – “Climate Linkers: Rationale and Pricing”
- Emanuele Chini (EDHEC) –“Time-varying Environmental Betas and Latent Factors of US Individual Stocks”
CONFERENCE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
Professor Yakov Amihud, NYU Stern School of Business, New York City, United States
Professor Viral Acharya, NYU Stern School of Business, New York City, United States
Professor Menachem Brenner, NYU Stern School of Business, New York City, United States
Professor Jennifer Carpenter, NYU Stern School of Business, New York City, United States
Professor Robert Engle, NYU Stern School of Business, New York City, United States
Professor Stephen Figlewski, NYU Stern School of Business, New York City, United States
Professor Hua He, Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business, Beijing, China
Professor Matthew Richardson, NYU Stern School of Business, New York City, United States
Professor Marti Subrahmanyam, NYU Stern School of Business, New York City, United States
Professor Qian Sun, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Professor Jianye Wang, Volatility Institute, NYU Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Professor Yexiao Xu, University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas, United States
Professor Hong Yan, Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Professor Chu Zhang, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China
Professor Harold Zhang, University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas, United States
Professor Zhenlong Zheng, Xiamen University, Xiamen, China
Telephone: +86 021 2059 5745
Address: Room 1118, NYU Shanghai, 1555 Century Avenue, Pudong, Shanghai, China, 200122
* Use Worldclock to conveniently convert these China Standard Time (Shanghai City) to your time zone.