NYU Shanghai is seeking a Research Fellow to participate in joint research projects between the Volatility Institute at NYU Shanghai and other financial institutions and schools, beginning in the Fall Semester of 2016. We are seeking researchers to work on VINS research projects including:
- data collection, cleaning, analysis, and writing reports
- host VINS conferences and workshops
- assist the executive director on academic research studies including literature review, data processing, and analysis
You are encouraged to apply this position, if you:
- genuinely interested in research and capable of executing research projects with little supervision
- have proven ability to use sophisticated econometric tools to analyze complex financial data on a large scale
- be able to conduct research and write research papers/reports in both English and Mandarin with a high level of fluency
- be awarded Ph.D./ABD degree in Finance/Statistics/Econometrics in recent years
- be familiar with Chinese financial markets, and have strong background in finance and statistics
The terms of employment in NYU Shanghai are comparable to U.S. institutions. The review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. The position begins in the fall semester of 2016, but the ideal candidate is preferred to start an internship with VINS before officially employed as the full-time research associate. To be considered, applicants should submit a curriculum vitae. Please visit our website at http://shanghai.nyu.edu/about/work/fellowships for instructions and other information on how to apply. If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
NYU Shanghai opened the Volatility Institute at NYU Shanghai in November 2014. Located at the NYU Shanghai Pudong Academic Building in the heart of Liujiazui, Shanghai’s financial center, it aims to create opportunities for research focused on both the Chinese and global financial markets. It also seeks to facilitate collaboration and community building among marker participants and academic researchers by offering timely financial information and analysis. The Volatility Institute at NYU Shanghai operates in close partnership with and as an extension of the Volatility Institute at NYU Stern School of Business, under the direction of Nobel Laureate and volatility expert Robert Engle and with generous support from the Pudong Institute of Finance and NYU Shanghai. For more Information, please visit our website: http://shanghai.nyu.edu/research/vins.
About NYU Shanghai:
NYU Shanghai is the newest degree-granting campus within the NYU Global Network University. It is the first Sino-US higher education joint venture to grant a degree that is accredited in the U.S. as well as in China. All teaching is conducted in English. A research university with liberal arts and science at its core, it resides in one of the world's great cities with a vibrant intellectual community. NYU Shanghai recruits scholars who are committed to NYU’s global vision of transformative teaching and innovative research.
New York University has established itself as a Global Network University, a multi-site, organically connected network encompassing key global cities and idea capitals. There are three degree-granting campuses in New York, Shanghai, and Abu Dhabi, and complemented by eleven additional academic centers across five continents. Faculty and students circulate within the network in pursuit of common research interests and cross cultural, interdisciplinary endeavors, both local and global.