Associate Professor of Practice in Mathematics at NYU Shanghai
Shengkui Ye is an Associate Professor of Practice in Mathematics at NYU Shanghai. He was a Simons Postdoctoral Fellow at the math institute of Oxford University.
Prior to joining NYU Shanghai, he was a lecturer, senior lecturer at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University. His research lies in topology and geometric group theory. In particular, he is interested in group actions on manifolds and non-positively curved spaces. Homepage Link: https://yeshengkui.
- Shengkui Ye, “Symmetries of flat manifolds, Jordan property and the general Zimmer program“, Journal of the London Mathematical Society.Volume100 (2019), Issue3, 1065-1080.
- Shengkui Ye, “Euler characteristics and actions of automorphism groups of free groups”, Algebraic & Geometric Topology 18 (2018) 1195–1204.
- Shengkui Ye, “Low-dimensional representations of matrix groups and group actions on CAT(0) spaces and manifolds”, Journal of Algebra 409(2014) 219-243.
- Shengkui Ye, “A unified approach to the plus-construction, Bousfield localization, Moore spaces and zero-in-the-spectrum examples”. Israel Journal of Mathematics. 192 (2012) 699-717.
- Ph.D., Mathematics, National University of Singapore, 2012.
- BSc, Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Harbin Institute of Technology, 2005.
- Geometric group theory
- Matrix group actions on manifolds