Professor of Practice in Mathematics, NYU Shanghai
Roberto Fernandez is a Professor of Practice in Mathematics at NYU Shanghai. He has had a very itinerant academic life that includes instructorships at the Universidad de Buenos Aires and the University of Texas at Austin; research positions at Rutgers University, ETH-Zuerich, EPFL-Lausanne and Princeton University (as part of a Guggenheim fellowship), and professorships at the Universidad de Córdoba (Argentina), Universidade de Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Université de Rouen (on leave since mid-2009). He is an emeritus professor at Utrecht University.
- Mathematical statistical mechanics (classical and quantum)
- Stochastic processes (theory and applications)
- Stochastic algorithms
- Master in Physics, Universidad de Buenos Aires, 1976
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), 1984
- Spanish, English, French and Portuguese