Visiting Associate Professor of Mathematics
Pablo Groisman is Visiting Associate Professor of Mathematics at NYU Shanghai. He is also a tenured researcher at CONICET-Argentina and Professor at University of Buenos Aires. He holds a PhD from University of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Professor Groisman's research interests include stochastic processes, interacting particle systems, conditioned evolution and machine learning. His work has appeared in journals such as Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincaré, Communications in Partial Differential Equations and Electronic Journal of Probability.
Professor Groisman received the “Manuel Sadovsky” award in Mathematics from the Argentinian National Academy of Sciences. For more about Professor Groisman visit his page here.
- Interacting particle systems
- Conditioned evolution/Quasi-stationary distributions
- Harmonic functions in random graphs
- Branching-selection particle systems
- Probability problems in machine learning
Recent Publications And Preprints
- A. Dembo, P. Groisman, R. Huang, V. Sidoravicius, Averaging Principle and Shape Theorem for a Growth Model with Memory.
- P. Groisman, M. Jonckheere, J. Martínez, F-KPP Scaling Limit and Selection Principle for a Brunet-Derrida type Particle System
- P. Groisman, M. Jonckheere, F. Sapienza, Nonhomogeneous Euclidean First-passage Percolation and Distance learning.
- F. Arrejoria, P. Groisman, L. Rolla, The quasi-stationary distribution of the subcritical contact process.To appear in Proc. Amer. Math. Soc (2020).
- P. Groisman, M. Jonckheere, Front propagation and Quasi-stationary distributions: two faces of the same coin? In: Sidoravicius V. (eds) Sojourns in Probability Theory and Statistical Physics - III. Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics, vol 300. Springer, Singapore (2019), https://doi.org/10.
- A. Ferrari, P. Groisman, K. Ravishankar, Tumor growth, R-positivity, Multitype branching and Quasistationarity. J Stat Phys (2019). https://doi.org/
- P. Groisman, S. Saglietti, N. Saintier, Metastability for small random perturbations of a PDE with blow-up. Stochastic Process. Appl. 128, no. 5 (2018), 1558--1589.
- A. Asselah, P.A. Ferrari, P. Groisman, M. Jonckheere, Fleming-Viot selects the minimal quasi-stationary distribution: The Galton-Watson case. Ann. Inst. H. Poincaré Probab. Statist. Volume 52, Number 2 (2016), 647-668. doi:10.1214/14-AIHP635
- R. Fernández, P. Groisman, S. Saglietti, Stability of gas measures under perturbations and discretizations. Reviews in Mathematical Physics 28.10 (2016).
E. Andjel, F. Ezanno, P. Groisman, L.T. Rolla, Subcritical contact process seen from the edge: Convergence to quasi-equilibrium. Electronic Journal of Probability, v. 20, n. 32 (2015) 1-16.