Visiting Assistant Professor of Mathematics, NYU Shanghai
Marcelo R. Hilario is a Visiting Assistant Professor at NYU Shanghai. Prior, he was an assistant professor at The Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG) in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. He received his Ph.D. in mathematics in 2011 at The Brazilian National Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics (IMPA), in Rio de Janeiro.
His current research concentrates in probability theory and stochastic processes with emphasis in random media, percolation theory and random walks in dynamical random environments. He was a visiting research fellow in the Mathematical Physics group at the University of Geneva in Switzerland from August 2014 to October 2015 under the supervision of Prof. Hugo DuminilCopin.
- Random walk on random walks: higher dimensions. With O. Blondel, R. Soares dos Santos, V. Sidoravicius and A. Teixeira. Preprint arXiv:1709.01253 (38 pages).
- Random walk on random walks: low densities. With O. Blondel, R. Soares dos Santos, V. Sidoravicius and A. Teixeira. Preprint arXiv:1709.01257 (28 pages).
- Bernoulli line Percolation with V. Sidoravicius preprint arXiv:1509.06204
- Brochette Percolation with H. DuminilCopin, G. Kozma and V. Sidoravicius to appear in Israel Journal of Mathematics (2017).
- Percolation in Media with Columnar Disorder with P. Grassberger and V. Sidoravicius to appear in Journal of Statistical Physics (2017).
- Critical Fragmentation Properties of Random Drilling: How many random holes need to be drilled to collapse a wooden cube? with K.J. Schrenk, V. Sidoravicius, N.A.M. Araujo, H.J. Hermann, M. Thielmann and A. Teixeira Physical Review 116, 055701 (2016)
- Random Walks on Random Walks with F. den Hollander, R. dos Santos, V. Sidoravicius and A. Teixeira Electronic Journal of Probability Volume 20 (2015), paper no. 95, 35 pp.
- Cylinders' percolation in three dimensions with V. Sidoravicius and A. Teixeira Probability Theory and Related Fields, Volume 163, Issue 34 (2015) pp 613–642.
- Escape of resources in distributed clustering processes with J. van den Berg and A. Holroyd Electronic Communications in Probability 15 (2010), 442448.
- Fixation for Distributed Clustering Processes with O. Louidor, C.M. Newman, L.T. Rolla, S. Sheffield and V. Sidoravicius Communications in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 63, Issue 7 Pages 926–934 (2010).