Visiting Professor of Mathematics
Luiz Renato Fontes is Visiting Professor of Mathematics at NYU Shanghai. He is also Professor at the Instituto de Matemática e Estatística, Universidade de São Paulo, Brasil. He holds a Ph.D. from NYU and an M.Sc. and B.Sc. from Universidade de São Paulo.
Professor Fontes’s research interests are Probability Theory, Stochastic Processes and Random Media. His/her work has appeared in ALEA, Annales de l’Institut Henri Poincaré, Annals of Applied Probability, Annals of Probability, and other journals.
Professor Fontes is a member of the Institute of Mathematiacal Statistics and the Sociedade Latino Americana de Probabilidade e Estatística Matemática.
(preprint versions on arXiv)
- Fontes, L. R. G. ; Marchetti, D. H. U. ; Merola, I. ; Presutti, E. ; Vares, M. E. . Layered systems at the mean eld critical temperature.To appear in Journal of Statistical Physics
- Fontes, L. R. G. ; Valencia, L. A. ; Valle, G. . Scaling limit of the radial Poissonian web. Electronic Journal of Probability, v. 20, p. 31, 2015.
- Fontes, L. R. G. ; Gava, R.J. ; Gayrard, V. . The K-process on a tree as a scaling limit of the GREM-like trap model. The Annals of Applied Probability, v. 24, p. 857-897, 2014.
- Fontes, L. R. G. ; Marchetti, D. H. U. ; Merola, I. ; Presutti, E. ; Vares, M. E. . Phase Transitions in Layered Systems. Journal of Statistical Physics, v. 157, p. 407-421, 2014.
- Fontes, L. R. G. ; Peixoto, G. R. C. . Elementary results on K processes with weights. Markov Processes and Related Fields, v. 19, p. 343-370, 2013.
- Fontes, L. R. G. ; Mathieu, P. . On the dynamics of trap models in Zd. Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society (Print), v. 108, p. 1562-1592, 2013.
- Bezerra, S.C. ; Fontes, L. R. G. ; Gava, R.J. ; Gayrard, V. ; Mathieu, P. . Scaling limits and aging for asymmetric trap models on the complete graph and K processes. Alea (2006. Online), v. IX, p. 303-321, 2012.
- Ph.D., Mathematics
- M.Sc., Statistics
- B.Sc., Statistics