Co-Director, NYU-ECNU Institute of Brain and Cognitive Science
Professor at Institute of Brain Functional Genomics, East China Normal University
Director, Key Laboratory of Brain Functional Genomics, East China Normal University
Professor Longnian Lin, Ph.D., is the director of the Key Laboratory of Brain Functional Genomics, Ministry of Education, and the deputy director at the Institute of Brain and Education Innovation. He obtained his Bachelor's degree in Biology from East China Normal University in 1984, followed by his Master and doctorate degree in Physiology from ECNU in 1994 and 2001 respectively. Between 2002 and 2004, he went to a postdoctoral program at the Department of molecular biology at Princeton University. In 2004, he returned to China to preside over the construction of brain coding analysis technology platform and serves as head of brain coding laboratory.
He is currently a council member of the Chinese Neuroscience Society and the Chinese Association for Physiological Sciences, vice chairman of the Shanghai Society for Neuroscience and the Shanghai Association for Physiological Sciences, editorial board member of Journal of Neuroscience Methods and Acta Physiologica Sinca, standing editorial board member of Journal of Physiology.
Professor Lin's research interests focus on neuronal coding of learning and memory. His work has appeared in leading scientific journals such as PNAS, Nature Neuroscience, Journal of Neuroscience, Trends in Neuroscience and other well-known journals in Neuroscience area.
1. Li S, Xu J, Chen G, Lin L, Zhou D, Cai D.The characterization of hippocampal theta-driving neurons - a time-delayed mutual information approach. Sci Rep. 2017 Jul 17; 7 (1):5637.
2. Zhou T, Zhu H, Fan Z, Wang F, Chen Y, Liang H, Yang Z, Zhang L, Lin L, Zhan Y, Wang Z, Hu H.History of winning remodels thalamo-PFC circuit to reinforce social dominance. Science. 2017 Jul 14; 357 (6347):162-168.
3. Li Y, Xu J, Liu Y, Zhu J, Liu N, Zeng W, Huang N, Rasch MJ, Jiang H, Gu X, Li X, Luo M, Li C, Teng J, Chen J, Zeng S, Lin L, Zhang X. A distinct entorhinal cortex to hippocampal CA1 direct circuit for olfactory associative learning. Nat Neurosci. 2017 Apr; 20 (4):559-570.
4. Zhang L, Ma X, Chen G, Barkai E, Lin L. Theta Rhythmic Clock-Like Activity of Single Units in the Mouse Hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2016 Apr 20; 36 (16): 4415-20.
5. Tang Y, Benusiglio D, Grinevich V, Lin L. Distinct Types of Feeding Related Neurons in Mouse Hypothalamus. Front Behav Neurosci. 2016 May 18;10:91. doi: 10.3389/fnbeh.2016.00091. eCollection.
6. Zhang L, Chen G, Niu R, Wei W, Ma X, Xu J, Wang J, Wang Z, Lin L. Hippocampal theta-driving cells revealed by Granger causality. Hippocampus. 2012 Aug; 22(8): 1781-93.
7. Lin L, Chen G, Kuang H, Wang D, Tsien JZ. Neural encoding of the concept of nest in the mouse brain, PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Science) 2007，104 (14) :6066-6071.
8. Lin L, Osan R, Shoham S, Jin W, Zuo W, Tsien JZ. Identification of network-level coding units for real-time representation of episodic experiences in the hippocampus. PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Science) 2005, 102(17):6125-6130.